Thursday 3 January 2013

marimekko converse



Hands up if you love a good designer/high street collaboration! *waves frantically*
Well, now we've got that down, i thought i'd share with you my most recent footwear purchase, and i must admit, i am infatuated. In all honesty, I lived in my chucks all summer of 2012, and they are hands down, the best casual shoe going. Period. 
I had no idea that Converse / Chuck Taylor had collaborated with marimekko, and i had no idea that marimekko was even in existence. Clearly, that has all changed!
When on a marathon Oxford Street Topshop trawl, i saw that there was a sale in one of the concessions on the lower ground floor (it's a pretty cool place, it's got a Blink brow bar, a nail bar and an EAT (my Spicy Chicken Noodles were delicious) ), and i squeaked. I squeaked with excitement and rushed over to the sales stand, where i could see beautiful pairs of converse, vans and lacoste high tops sitting pretty. 
Normally, my size (size 7 UK sizing) of shoe is never there. It's larger than normal, so i guess less are produced etc, and regardless of the nitty gritty, finding shoes, on sale, in my size is always a bit of an omen. 
These beautiful print converse were the last pair, in my size and on sale. I just about collapsed with excitement. And so, for £20, down from their original, eye watering price of £65, they became mine. It's love. 
You can find the UK Converse website here

What do you think? A bit out there, or just the right amount of KAPOW print?

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute:)
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your coverses as they are different than the usual colored one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty ones:)X


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete