Wednesday 2 January 2013

Monki sale haul

  How adorable is this packaging?!

I. Love. Monki.
If you haven't heard of this european online shopping phenomenon, I would summarise it as a European primark and Zara hybrid- carrying affordable but stylish and wearable pieces. I ordered my items on Christmas day (no rest for the sales-crazy!), and postage cost £6.

Marianne Dress
Gorgeous turquoise and lighter mint green lacy overlay A-line dress (aaaaand breathe). I got in a size Small, and this cost £18. 


Skye Top
Such an effortless top to wear, I can see myself wearing this with skinny jeans or jodhpur style trousers. Super baggy (in a good way), and a really nice cotton material. This cost £5. 

Pearl Tee
When i ordered this, i thought the print on the front could look either really awful, or really good, and I'm glad to report that it is stunning! Again, easy-to-wear and super low maintenance- I'll definitely get tonnes of wear out of this. This was also £5.

*insert name, because i can't remember it*
I love the peplum trend, as a straight-up straight-down bodied gal', and this was my first venture into the world of peplum. Its basically a gorgeous hot pink t shirt, thats then cinched and lightly pleated just right. Not as dressy as the peplums in other high street shops, I'm itching to wear this with my disco pants! This was a gobsmacking £3!


Ella Skirt
I'm not a skirt person, I shall begin by saying. I only 2 skirts, that is it, and this is my 3rd. I love the jersey material, with silver thread woven into it, and the pleats take me back to early primary school. It's an elasticated waist, therefore really comfortable and a bargain at £12.

Katy Tee
I'm torn with this. I love the print, it's so kitschy, and will look divine paired with dark skinny jeans (and it's a bargain at £5), BUUUUT (and it's a big but...and i cannot lie.... (sorry :L ) ) the cut is weird. I got in a  M, purely because the S was sold out. However, this t shirt is meant to sit quite comfortably and baggy, so it's bewildered me. So what do you think? Keep or return? 


*I bought all of these with my own money during the sale, I do not know if any of these items are still available, I'm just sharing what I purchased from this website.*

4 comments:

  1. I love Monki too! these are cool buys
    I'm now following your blog! I look forward to reading what you have to post :-)

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks so pretty!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thankyou! one of my new year's resolution was to become a bit more of a dress person:P so this is my first step!X

      Delete